Balmoral Physiotherapy Gosforth Services
What is physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a professional, science-based, natural option for the treatment of physical disorders. Hands-on treatment techniques are combined with electro-therapy, exercises, acupuncture and advice to help you improve your quality of life and reach your full potential.
Who can benefit?
Physiotherapy can help people of all ages and ability level. It is a holistic approach which is tailored specifically to your needs.
We offer treatment for musculo-skeletal and neurological conditions and home visits for those who are unable to attend the clinic.
Don’t put up with pain – we can help.
What to expect
At the first appointment, the physiotherapist will carry out a detailed physical assessment in order to diagnose your problem and decide on treatment options which will be tailored to your specific needs.
Your physiotherapist will ask you several questions relating to details about your current symptoms and any past medical problems. They will then carry out a physical examination, keeping you informed throughout the whole process.
The physiotherapist will discuss the findings of the assessment with you and explain the diagnosis of your problem.
Treatment options can then be discussed with you and together you can decide on the best programme for you.
Treatment may include the following:-
- Graded mobilisations/movements of joints, muscles, ligaments and tendons.
- Trigger point techniques to target specific areas
- Myofascial release and muscle energy techniques
- Therapeutic massage
- Interferential therapy
- Therapeutic ultrasound
- Low level laser therapy
- Heat packs
- Cold packs
- Reduce pain
- Improve mobility
- Increase strength
- Enhance performance
- Improve posture and balance
- Prevent recurrence
- Graded, progressive exercises to improve overall strength and condition, at any ability level.
- How to manage your symptoms
- Simple Lifestyle changes
- Posture at work, rest and play
- Prevention of recurrence
- Traditional, trigger point and dry-needling techniques aimed at reducing pain and spasm.
- Strapping can be applied to reduce pain and spasm, improve position and rest to allow healing.
- Trapped nerves/sciatica
- Back and neck pain
- Sports injuries
- Arthritis / joint pain
- Sprains / strains
- Frozen shoulder
- Whiplash injuries
- Work-related injury
- Neurological conditions
- Mobility problems
- Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) and Work Related Upper Limb Disorder (WRULD)
For further advice on how physiotherapy can help, call us on 0191 284 0087.