Physiotherapists are experts in the assessment and rehabilitation of mobility problems.
Who can benefit from treatment?
There are numerous factors which can have an impact on our ability to get around. These may include:
- Arthritic conditions affecting the lower limbs and feet
- After surgery
- General deterioration following illness or injury
- History of falls
- Joint or muscle weakness or pain
- Neurological conditions including Stroke, Parkinson’s Disease
- Poor balance
- Loss of confidence
Physiotherapy Treatment - at home or in clinic
An experienced Physiotherapist will carry out a full assessment to determine the cause of the mobility problems and discuss the best treatment options with you.
Treatment may be aimed at:
- Improving strength, balance, endurance, posture and joint movement
- Reducing pain
- Reducing the risk of falls
- Liaising with other Health Professionals to arrange mobility aids / splints etc.
- Involving relatives or carers
- Improving quality of life
If you are unsure as to the benefits of Physiotherapy and would like more information, please call the clinic and one of our Physiotherapists will be happy to speak to you on 0191 284 0087.