Management, manipulation and rehabilitation
Sports massage is the management, manipulation and rehabilitation of the soft tissues of the body e.g. muscles, ligaments and tendons.
Sports massage can help people of all ability levels to prepare for activity, recover afterwards and maintain your ability level, preventing injury.
Benefits of Sports Massage
- Improve circulation and lymphatic flow
- Prepare muscles for exercise
- Assists mental preparation for sports participation
- Assists the removal of the body’s waste products
- Helps to remodel scar tissue
- Speeds up recovery
Types of Massage
Sports massage may include:
- Full or half body deep tissue massage
- Targeted massage for sports injuries
Who can benefit?
Sports massage has something to offer for all levels of sport and activity.
Sports massage can help in the preparation for activity and speeds up recovery afterwards.
Who is qualified to do sports massage?
Massage therapists, sports therapists and Physiotherapists who have a qualification in massage therapy.